Sunday, January 3, 2010

A start to pointillism, encounter with Sheeler

Early this afternoon right after having lunch marks my first day of the first week for my painting challenge. I scan my art book for a particular kind of art technique to try on and Guess what i stumbled to? Well, i don't know how to describe the incident but my fingers run across to Pointillism method.

Pointillism maybe started by Seurat, Signac or Cross but its a style that belongs to the Neo-Impressionism period. I will not talk too much about there life story or the history of Pointillism because it might drag you reading too much of this blog. But what i'm going to share in is my personal day to day progress in doing the pointillism art.

With the help of my unsharpen HB pencil and my acrylic sheets, i started sketching. It was a crucial part because this will be the basis for the rest of my painting. I admit i had difficulty on doing the the anatomy and in balancing the proportion, that's why i choose to do a an Arabic door for beginner. Well, sketching its not easy. With this afternoon attempt of starting to do the sketches, i realized i messed up on it and have some smudges. It took me to do several lines just to be able to do the perspective good...



While doing the scanning earlier i also came across with Charles Sheeler and his work Windows which accidentally my lomograph looks a little bit the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment